Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reunited...and it feels so good!

Remember that Peaches and Herb song? Such a good one! (OK, I had to look up the fact that it is a Peaches and Herb song, I admit it...)
Matt and I were singing it the other day when I left the yoga place and he left the mountains, only to reunite at the infamous Hotel Yeti in Pokhara. (this is our third time staying there now!) We sat in the room and divulged every detail of both our journeys for four hours! There was a lot to say! Matt had a fantastic time, but I don't want to reveal too much. As you might have guessed by now, the man is a bit blog-shy, but I think, maybe, I have convinced him that he needs to blog about his trek in the mountains. I mean, I simply can't summarize it for him, I wasn't there! Right? So, don't hold out too much hope, but you may just see the premier blog from Matt in the coming days.
We have spent the last few days getting used to civilization again...you know, eating pizza, pancakes, sleeping in ( only a little), and restocking on books. Today we took a row boat out on the main lake in town, just in time for a quick afternoon rainstorm! Luckily we made it to land in time to find cover under some trees.
Tomorrow we head to Royal Chitwan National Park, a seven hour bus ride from here. We rented a bungalow right on the river- a special treat for our four year wedding anniversary and Matt's birthday- April 2nd and April 3rd. It is hard to believe that we have been married four years! (and also hard to believe Matt is turning the ripe old age of 33!) We are told that when we dine by the riverside we will get to watch the elephants hanging out on the other side of the river. Also, everyday between 11am and 12pm there is an opportunity to help the elephants take a bath. Last but not least, we are going to sign up for a ride into the jungle by elephant-back! I don't know about you, but I can't think of anything much more romantic than that!
We will spend 3-4 days there and then probably head back to Kathmandu. Our plane to Bangkok leaves on April 8th. It is hard to think about leaving this amazing country, so for now, I won't think about it at all!
Stay tuned....

No comments: