Well, the time has come for me to say goodbye to Soldotna. It is hard to believe that I am leaving here after what seems to be such a short time, and even harder to put into words how much I have enjoyed being here. Alaska is the most beautiful land I have ever seen, without a doubt. The gorgeous flowing river in our backyard has brought me much peace these past few months. Matt and I have had many adventures- just yesterday we were talking about how we have gone almost everywhere you can travel by road in Alaska! I will never forget the fantastic mountains, the mountain valleys, the wildflowers and wildlife, the rivers, and the ocean. It has been so wonderful to see the change in seasons and really experience a little bit of all things Alaskan. I am having a hard time preparing to leave, as I have grown used to the quiet of a small town and the beauty that surrounds me here. But, as they say, change is the only constant and so here we are, getting ready for the next adventure. I am leaving a few weeks before Matt to get back to Michigan and spend some time with my family before embarking on our big journey overseas. Here is our plan in a nutshell: After a few weeks in Michigan, Shasta and I drive down to Tennessee, pick up Matt, and spend the holidays there. Then we head up to New York for a wedding, and to D.C. to spend time with Matt's sister and her family. We leave for India on January 7th from D.C., and from there we will be traveling throughout India, then to Nepal, Thailand, and China. We arrive back in the states on June 7th, making it a five month trip. Phew!!! As much as I would truly love to stay in Alaska longer, I am excited about what is ahead. So, for now, I will leave you with some recent favorite pictures I took, right here in our backyard. The first two are yesterday's sunrise, taken at about 9:30am.
No comments:
Post a Comment