skip to main | skip to sidebar
fleischmannandme

Monday, November 17, 2008

Did I tell you about the dog mushing?

So, pretty soon life here in Alaska will be wrapping up and Matt and I will be moving on to our next adventures. It is hard to believe that I have only a few more weeks here and Matt has only a month. We have had such a wonderful time- full of new experiences and wild sights. I feel truly lucky. In reviewing and thinking about this blog, I realized a left a thing or two out. Shasta has some things to say, too- at least I think she might. Here is a quintessential Alaskan experience I was lucky enough to have a few weeks ago. Matt's friend took me out on an ATV (not enough snow yet for the sled) and we "ran" his sled dogs. We had 12 dogs on for this run.


Coming around the bend!

On the ATV- lots of layers on because it was pretty cold out there.
Oh...this is not one of the dogs. :) This is one of their two horses we had to get into the barn so the dogs wouldn't try to gang up on them as they had earlier in the year. Yikes!

Posted by fleischmannandme at 10:53 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

MOOSE WATCH! ...in India?

TOTAL MOOSE: 38
Well, I highly doubt we will be seeing any moose in India....so, stay tuned for some other kind of wildlife "watch". I will have to survey the scene there before deciding which animal to choose....so far I am thinking "Monkey Watch!". :)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2008 (67)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  September (19)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ▼  November (5)
      • You Betcha! Halloween 2008
      • OBAMA!!!!!! President Elect!!!!!!!
      • Matt's Words
      • Did I tell you about the dog mushing?
      • Homer, Redux.
    • ►  December (5)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  January (13)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  May (6)

About Me

My photo
fleischmannandme
Matt and Jen moved to Soldotna, Alaska on July 15th, 2008. Now we are on to India...Here's the story...
View my complete profile