Friday, July 18, 2008

Journey to the Last Frontier, Part II





On the remaining days of our drive to Alaska, we saw lots of interesting things...
like the world's longest fishing rod....







Worth a double-take...




















Matt turned into Rambo after having to navigate Wal-Mart for new camping gear....












Here is our gear in action! Not bad!





On the third day, we drove the Casiar Highway the whole day: a tiny two-lane road with more bears than people. We saw FOUR bears and a MOOSE!
I thought I had seen a moose before, but clearly I had not, since my reaction consisted of screaming , "What is that? What is that?" and hitting Matt (who was sound asleep at the time). 
We only were able to actually get to the camera in time for one of the bears. He was a bit grumpy and not afraid of us at all. Scary!!!

No comments: