Monday, August 4, 2008

Adjusting?

Perhaps I am already adjusting to small town life. This afternoon I went to the BIG grocery/everything  store in town,  Fred Meyer, and I actually found myself feeling overwhelmed by the amount of people in the store. Oh, goodness. Also, I am wearing my overalls a lot more- an outfit previously donned on a regular basis when I lived in small town New Mexico. I absolutely love walking with Shasta down our dirt road and doing nothing but kicking the rocks. And I am obsessed with fish. OK, that last part is not totally true. I just look at the river, and the fishermen, and the jumping fish a lot. Hmmmm...:)
Matt and I went on a camping trip to Seward this weekend. I think this weekend was the weekend that sealed the deal for me: Alaska is amazing. I didn't totally and completely see the magic before, and now I have. We'll see how winter goes- yikes!- but for now, I am smitten.
I am having trouble uploading pictures, so I will have to consult my technical advisor, (Matt), and hopefully get some pictures up from the weekend soon. Shasta told me she has a lot to say about Seward, too. Stay tuned!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you both love it and all but seriously... wait until there is dark, dirty snow piled up literally about 5 or 6 feet high and you haven't seen the sun in 9 months... then it's not so quaint. I am glad you guys are loving it though. Bet it's a nice break from Seattle. How is your rural AK hospice job?