Monday, August 25, 2008

Shasta's Corner: Session Five

Hi everyone! It is me, again! I know, I know, I have been blogging a whole bunch lately. Jen told me that a lot of people have commented on how much they are enjoying the blog, especially my corner. I have this sneaking suspicion that you might think that Jen is doing the typing, and maybe even making up the words- putting words in my snout, so to speak. Well, I had her take this picture to prove it is ME blogging! Here I am on the computer actually planning our weekend trip. See, not only do I blog, I also get to plan trips now and again. This weekend we went camping on a lake. I love lakes, because it is fun to sit by them and to take a dip in the cool water. I had to look through the Alaska atlas and on the internet, but I found a great place called Dolly Varden Lake. (sounds like Dolly Parton, ha ha!!)
The thing is, when I told Jen and Matt what I wanted to do, they were super excited and went and got this thing and strapped it to the car. I wasn't exactly sure what it was, and didn't want to ruin the chance to go on the trip, so I just kept quite. I was crossing my paws and hoping it wasn't what I thought it was...a boat...

....And it was a boat. A canoe, to be specific. They put that thing in the water and I knew they were going to try to get me in it. Jen likes it when I come along, everywhere. That's why I have lived in four states and have been on multiple trips all over the country, even Canada! Jen is pretty active that way, and since she likes me to be there, well, I am active by association. It is usually not too bad- but a canoe??? That was over the top, even for Jen. Anyway, I got in the darn thing. It wasn't too bad, I guess.
Here's Matt and I looking for moose and whatever else is out there in the Alaskan wild.

We didn't see any moose or bear, but we did see this- wow! A loon! Those things are crazy, and they make such a wild sound! I read on the internet that there were loons be on this lake, but I didn't think we'd see so many! I guess this canoe thing is OK. But don't tell Jen and Matt I said that, or else who knows what they will have be doing next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it. so glad you're out and about enjoying the best of it.....wish more than ever we were there with you. i love your "victory" photo.
xoxo