You know, I have to say I really appreciated the perspective there. I mean, nobody ever talks about it that way- maybe it is ME leashing THEM, and not the other way around. Even though THEY initiate the whole leash thing most of the time, perhaps they do it for their safety, ya know? Something to think about.
Anyway, the whole city has this huge trail system...I mean, even though I (or they?) had to be on a leash, that is pretty darn cool. Jen and Matt let me decide where to go on our walk. They said I deserved to pick, since I had to wait a whole day while Matt took some fancy human test for his work. I don't know what the heck that means, but hey, I took advantage of the situation and really thought about the trails and where I wanted to go. Here I am trying to decipher the signs:

So, I finally decided to go on a path away from the city. Who needs city, anyway? I'm all about nature, nature, nature! And guess what- after walking a while, here's another sign we encountered! Yikes! What did I get us into?

Here's Matt and I checking out those dangerous mud flats. Good thing I (he?) had to be on a leash, I guess. I never thought I would say that, but Matt told me that if I ran out there (which I TOTALLY would have done if I was off the leash!), all four of my paws would have sunk into the mud and I would have been stuck there, forever!!! Can you believe it?

I really enjoyed the views, even if I couldn't run around. I kinda liked the sense of danger, anyway. Here is a picture of a mountain that the humans call "sleeping lady". I have no idea why- I mean, they say it looks like a lady sleeping on her back or something? I just think it is a cool looking mountain. Humans are so strange.

Well, that's all for now! Hope everybody is doing well! Hey, by the way- I heard from Jen that a few of her friends are coming up to visit next week. So, ya know, if you want to send along any treats for me, now's your chance!!!
So, I finally decided to go on a path away from the city. Who needs city, anyway? I'm all about nature, nature, nature! And guess what- after walking a while, here's another sign we encountered! Yikes! What did I get us into?
Here's Matt and I checking out those dangerous mud flats. Good thing I (he?) had to be on a leash, I guess. I never thought I would say that, but Matt told me that if I ran out there (which I TOTALLY would have done if I was off the leash!), all four of my paws would have sunk into the mud and I would have been stuck there, forever!!! Can you believe it?
I really enjoyed the views, even if I couldn't run around. I kinda liked the sense of danger, anyway. Here is a picture of a mountain that the humans call "sleeping lady". I have no idea why- I mean, they say it looks like a lady sleeping on her back or something? I just think it is a cool looking mountain. Humans are so strange.
Well, that's all for now! Hope everybody is doing well! Hey, by the way- I heard from Jen that a few of her friends are coming up to visit next week. So, ya know, if you want to send along any treats for me, now's your chance!!!
See you later!
-Shasta
No comments:
Post a Comment