Friday, August 15, 2008

Introducing Homer, Part 2: Camping on the Spit

Here's Betsy at the RV/Campground. For anyone that wondered, Old Betsy is still kickin' it! We limp along in style! Note the Alaska flag in the background- makes Betsy look so regal, doesn't it?
Here is our tent, all set up on the beach.  We had our campfire right in front of the tent.
Jen lovin' the Homer Spit!!!
Night falls...check out the moon....
...and the gorgeous sunset. We are losing light by about 5 minutes a day now, so this sunset was around 11:30ish.Scroll down for more pictures of the town of Homer!
p.s. I need to make a shout out to baby Kingston, who was born in Seattle on the night we were here. Kingston's mama says that the "talk" I had with the ocean, demanding that Kingtson come forth, had something to do with it. I think it was just that Kingston was good and ready that night. Either way, welcome little baby! We love you!

No comments: