skip to main | skip to sidebar
fleischmannandme

Monday, August 25, 2008

No Boat?

When I was little, one of the first thoughts I ever expressed was "No boat!". My parents could tell you all about how I said this over and over on a canoe trip in northern Michigan. That "no boat" sentiment followed me for years. It is odd, considering the fact that I am a swimmer and absolutely love the water- I guess I always preferred being in the water instead of on it. 
This weekend changed that a bit. We went to a beautiful lake to camp out, and Matt borrowed a...gulp...canoe. I reluctantly got in, making good on a promise to myself to try "new" things while here in Alaska, and to take advantage of the beauty that surrounds me here. So off I went, with dog and hubby along- and you know, I actually enjoyed the experience.
Here is a picture of our campsite from the canoe.
What a beautiful lake! I think, honestly, being on a lake as still and calm as this made the whole canoe aspect of things a heck of a lot easier. And how could one not completely fall in love with this scenery?
So, you know what? For now, anyway: No Boat? No way! 
Posted by fleischmannandme at 3:15 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

MOOSE WATCH! ...in India?

TOTAL MOOSE: 38
Well, I highly doubt we will be seeing any moose in India....so, stay tuned for some other kind of wildlife "watch". I will have to survey the scene there before deciding which animal to choose....so far I am thinking "Monkey Watch!". :)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2008 (67)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ▼  August (12)
      • Adjusting?
      • Pictures from last weekend in Seward...the place I...
      • Neighborhood Gossip
      • Shasta's Corner: Session Three
      • Introducing Homer
      • Introducing Homer, Part 2: Camping on the Spit
      • Blowing off some steam in the big city!
      • Shasta's Corner: Session Four
      • Kenai Peninsula Fair!
      • Shasta's Corner: Session Five
      • No Boat?
      • Artsy Fartsy Photos!
    • ►  September (19)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  December (5)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  January (13)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  May (6)

About Me

My photo
fleischmannandme
Matt and Jen moved to Soldotna, Alaska on July 15th, 2008. Now we are on to India...Here's the story...
View my complete profile