As many of you know, Betsy, our 1993 Saturn, is retiring in Alaska even after we move on. The 'ol girl has served Matt, and then both Matt and I quite well over the years. She got Matt from Tennessee to Massachusetts, and then on to Seattle where she was a city girl for eleven years. She had the occasional mountain trip in the Seattle area, and even made it down to the Southwest a few times- but nothing beats her trip this past summer. Betsy defied all odds (and proved herself to the skeptics out there) by trekking up to Alaska from Seattle, a 5 day, 2500 mile journey well-documented on earlier blog posts. So, it is with a heavy yet proud heart that I tell you about her last long journey. Betsy brought Matt and I home from Chena Hot Springs the day after my birthday- about a 10 hour haul. Since winter is upon us, we won't be making any long trips like that anymore this season. And since Betsy retires soon, well, this is it for her. So here we go: the morning started out foggy and snowy...
...and then the sun broke through. Betsy brought us to the beautiful snow-covered foothills before Denali National Park.
Here we are approaching Denali, in all its glory.
And a close-up (all of these pictures are taken while riding in Betsy!).
It was a great ride. As usual, Betsy did not disappoint. On the way in to Wasilla (yes, the town where Mrs. Palin reigned not so long ago), we saw this lovely vehicle in the parking lot of a fireworks stand. (Wasilla is really big-time, folks- don't forget it!) I got to thinking...could this possibly be Betsy, in her next life? I think she is just crazy enough to do it.....
GO BETSY GO!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment