But then things get a little political at times- (drill, baby, drill?)- something to consider as we face an election in less than two weeks:
And at times, well, things are just downright bizarre. For example, this burned-out truck that was parked in the middle of a field outside of McCarthy. In case you can't read the spray-painted message, it says this: "Law and justice are two separate animals". Wow.
I love this one- found in a nearby neighborhood. Notice the bullet holes all over the sign. People are truly independent spirits up here, that is for sure. Perhaps this sign should be erected in cities all over America- I wonder how that would go over? Ha ha.
I think this one is my favorite. I keep meaning to order that $5 info packet. I need to know why the United Nations is a bad thing??? Probably I am always destined to be a chichaco by even posing that question. Oh, well.
www.commondreams.org/view/2008/10/21-3
Check it out!
Don't get me wrong- I love Alaska. It is by far the most beautiful place I have ever been- an observation I have made several times on this blog. It is just so very interesting to see the stark differences in political opinions and culture- a lot to soak in for a liberal gal from the Lower 48. But I mean no disrespect to this beautiful state and those who live in it- I feel very lucky to be here!
And with that said....a political plug, (again!): GO OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment