skip to main | skip to sidebar
fleischmannandme

Friday, October 3, 2008

Bear prints!

We recently went on a short day hike in the area- about 45 minutes away on a trail called Fuller Lake. There were some beautiful views along the way...

Crazy tree!
Here is the first lake we made it to:
But most importantly- on the way, we saw a fresh BEAR PRINT!!! I am holding up  my hand for scale- ENORMOUS!!! Look how wide the paw is!
I think we need to see that one more time.....we also saw bear poop (common thing to see on hikes) and empty berry bushes (also common)- but no bear, thank goodness!!! Good thing Matt carries "bear spray" with him all the time- basically a huge can of mace! I hope we never have to use it- scary!
Posted by fleischmannandme at 9:15 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

MOOSE WATCH! ...in India?

TOTAL MOOSE: 38
Well, I highly doubt we will be seeing any moose in India....so, stay tuned for some other kind of wildlife "watch". I will have to survey the scene there before deciding which animal to choose....so far I am thinking "Monkey Watch!". :)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2008 (67)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  September (19)
    • ▼  October (14)
      • Bear prints!
      • Jen's 35th (gulp!) Birthday
      • The Ice Palace
      • Ice Palace, cont.
      • The Best Birthday Present Ever
      • The Northern Lights!
      • Betsy's Last Long Ride
      • SNOW!
      • Shasta's Corner: Session Seven
      • Signs (that you are) in Alaska
      • Sunrise over the Kenai
      • Big Eagle in My Backyard!
      • Brrrrr......
      • Headed to the Lower 48
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  December (5)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  January (13)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  May (6)

About Me

My photo
fleischmannandme
Matt and Jen moved to Soldotna, Alaska on July 15th, 2008. Now we are on to India...Here's the story...
View my complete profile