skip to main | skip to sidebar
fleischmannandme

Friday, September 12, 2008

The Fjords

While Dennis and Brooks were here, we took them on a honeymoon cruise through the Kenai Fjords National Park in Seward. It was absolutely stunning. The weather was very Seattle-like, so our friends were not too fazed. 

Here are a couple of sea otters flirting in the open sea! They played and gave us photo opportunities for several minutes, it was great.
Here is a picture of Exit Glacier- hard to see. Also of note is the dock and buildings in this picture- they are part of the Alaska State Prison. Try escaping from this place!
The water was such an amazing color. We also saw a bald eagle, a seal, and humpback whales but couldn't capture very good photos of them.

Here I am right before the sea gets rough. This is the last time I smiled for a while! ha! Right after this photo, we docked at an island and had grilled salmon for lunch. When we started back out to sea, the captain saw whales in the distance. We spent about 25 minutes searching for and finally finding the whales, but the sea was incredibly rough and my full stomach didn't like that very much. Everyone survived unscathed, and we were able to see the humpbacks, so it was all worth it!
Posted by fleischmannandme at 10:12 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

MOOSE WATCH! ...in India?

TOTAL MOOSE: 38
Well, I highly doubt we will be seeing any moose in India....so, stay tuned for some other kind of wildlife "watch". I will have to survey the scene there before deciding which animal to choose....so far I am thinking "Monkey Watch!". :)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2008 (67)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  September (19)
      • Alaska State Fair
      • And now for a brief political interlude...
      • Back to the fair...
      • Visitors!
      • Visitors, Part 2
      • OK, now I am irritated...
      • More posts coming...as soon as I figure out why pu...
      • Alright, let's have some fun again! (and introduci...
      • I didn't count this moose....
      • The Fjords
      • Shasta's Corner: Session Six
      • Jen and Matt's Alaskan Vacation
      • The Road to McCarthy
      • Further down McCarthy Road...
      • Matt and Jen's Vacation, continued: McCarthy
      • Kennecott
      • Mt. Blackburn
      • Avocado on the Moon
      • Our Last Stop: Matanuska Glacier Cabin
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  December (5)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  January (13)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  May (6)

About Me

My photo
fleischmannandme
Matt and Jen moved to Soldotna, Alaska on July 15th, 2008. Now we are on to India...Here's the story...
View my complete profile