skip to main | skip to sidebar
fleischmannandme

Friday, September 12, 2008

I didn't count this moose....

Recently Matt and I were lucky enough to have two sets of guests come to town. Our second set, Dennis and Brooks, just flew back to Seattle two days ago. One of the very first things we did was go to the Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center, a non-profit animal rescue center that takes in orphaned or injured animals. We saw lots of animals, some of which are pictured below. The first few pictures are of a three month old moose. I admit, I didn't count him in my Moose Watch count, only because he isn't officially "in the wild". But he sure is cute! Here he is coming out of his house...

...and he came out for good reason, to get his lunch! Moose milk, yummy!!!
I was able to get my camera through the fence so this shot looks like the real deal!
Meet Mr. Muskox. What a bizarre looking animal, but then he probably thought the same thing about us!
Posted by fleischmannandme at 9:56 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

MOOSE WATCH! ...in India?

TOTAL MOOSE: 38
Well, I highly doubt we will be seeing any moose in India....so, stay tuned for some other kind of wildlife "watch". I will have to survey the scene there before deciding which animal to choose....so far I am thinking "Monkey Watch!". :)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2008 (67)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  September (19)
      • Alaska State Fair
      • And now for a brief political interlude...
      • Back to the fair...
      • Visitors!
      • Visitors, Part 2
      • OK, now I am irritated...
      • More posts coming...as soon as I figure out why pu...
      • Alright, let's have some fun again! (and introduci...
      • I didn't count this moose....
      • The Fjords
      • Shasta's Corner: Session Six
      • Jen and Matt's Alaskan Vacation
      • The Road to McCarthy
      • Further down McCarthy Road...
      • Matt and Jen's Vacation, continued: McCarthy
      • Kennecott
      • Mt. Blackburn
      • Avocado on the Moon
      • Our Last Stop: Matanuska Glacier Cabin
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  December (5)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  January (13)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  May (6)

About Me

My photo
fleischmannandme
Matt and Jen moved to Soldotna, Alaska on July 15th, 2008. Now we are on to India...Here's the story...
View my complete profile