skip to main | skip to sidebar
fleischmannandme

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mt. Blackburn

Once we got to Kennecott and explored the town, we headed to the hills! There were trails going to a few different mines, but our mission was to find a great viewing point of Mount Blackburn. The mountain was being shy- at first, we only saw this much:
But even with the mountain clouded over, Matt was pretty excited. Those of you who know Matt understand how much the man loves his mountains!
Here is a picture from our viewing point/lunch/ nap spot. The sun cooperated with us and there is the mountain, in all it's glory! Beautiful!
Let's get a little closer look....for the record, I had to choose this picture from about a GAZILLION that Matt took of the mountain. I am telling you, he is serious about this mountain stuff!
Oh, and here is another mountain, too. Mt. Blackburn didn't get all the attention, just most of it.
Posted by fleischmannandme at 1:55 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

MOOSE WATCH! ...in India?

TOTAL MOOSE: 38
Well, I highly doubt we will be seeing any moose in India....so, stay tuned for some other kind of wildlife "watch". I will have to survey the scene there before deciding which animal to choose....so far I am thinking "Monkey Watch!". :)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2008 (67)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  September (19)
      • Alaska State Fair
      • And now for a brief political interlude...
      • Back to the fair...
      • Visitors!
      • Visitors, Part 2
      • OK, now I am irritated...
      • More posts coming...as soon as I figure out why pu...
      • Alright, let's have some fun again! (and introduci...
      • I didn't count this moose....
      • The Fjords
      • Shasta's Corner: Session Six
      • Jen and Matt's Alaskan Vacation
      • The Road to McCarthy
      • Further down McCarthy Road...
      • Matt and Jen's Vacation, continued: McCarthy
      • Kennecott
      • Mt. Blackburn
      • Avocado on the Moon
      • Our Last Stop: Matanuska Glacier Cabin
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  December (5)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  January (13)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  May (6)

About Me

My photo
fleischmannandme
Matt and Jen moved to Soldotna, Alaska on July 15th, 2008. Now we are on to India...Here's the story...
View my complete profile