skip to main | skip to sidebar
fleischmannandme

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Further down McCarthy Road...

Traveling further down the McCarthy Road, it seemed like things just were more and more beautiful. Here is part of the old railroad that was built to get to the copper mine.

This is the part where I actually started crying. On top of all the other beauty, a rainbow appeared. Incredible!

Funky bridge!
And another rainbow. The weather was just right for rainbows- sunny, then rainy, then sunny. 
It is hard to see, but there is another rainbow here- it is reflected off the corner of the mountain. I kept asking Matt is somehow we had died and gone to heaven. This place makes you think cheesy things like that! 
Posted by fleischmannandme at 11:48 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

MOOSE WATCH! ...in India?

TOTAL MOOSE: 38
Well, I highly doubt we will be seeing any moose in India....so, stay tuned for some other kind of wildlife "watch". I will have to survey the scene there before deciding which animal to choose....so far I am thinking "Monkey Watch!". :)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2008 (67)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  September (19)
      • Alaska State Fair
      • And now for a brief political interlude...
      • Back to the fair...
      • Visitors!
      • Visitors, Part 2
      • OK, now I am irritated...
      • More posts coming...as soon as I figure out why pu...
      • Alright, let's have some fun again! (and introduci...
      • I didn't count this moose....
      • The Fjords
      • Shasta's Corner: Session Six
      • Jen and Matt's Alaskan Vacation
      • The Road to McCarthy
      • Further down McCarthy Road...
      • Matt and Jen's Vacation, continued: McCarthy
      • Kennecott
      • Mt. Blackburn
      • Avocado on the Moon
      • Our Last Stop: Matanuska Glacier Cabin
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  December (5)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  January (13)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  May (6)

About Me

My photo
fleischmannandme
Matt and Jen moved to Soldotna, Alaska on July 15th, 2008. Now we are on to India...Here's the story...
View my complete profile