Thursday, September 4, 2008

OK, now I am irritated...

First of all, I have to say: See you later, Kwame. It's about time.
OK, I got that out of my system. I promise not to make this a political blog, but considering my current location and the current state of affairs, I feel obliged to make a few comments about last night's speech by Sarah Palin at the RNC.
Or maybe I am just angry.
Anyway, there is A LOT I could say about this, but let me limit it to these observations:
1) Sarah Palin stated that "some people use change to promote their careers, while others use their careers to promote change"- of course referring to McCain as the latter. Perhaps Ms. Palin should look in the mirror: as a governor of a sparsely populated state for less than 2 years and a VERY small town mayor before that, she is now being billed as a "maverick", and a "soulmate" to McCain. Yeah, I am sure this little boost won't help her career at all.
2) Guiliani stated that Palin enjoys an 80% approval rating in Alaska. Last I checked (this morning), the population of Alaska is a whopping 670,000 people. No offense, but that isn't a whole lot of people to win over.
And speaking of the small population of Alaska- Sarah made a sarcastic comment that being a mayor is "a little like being a community organizer, but you actually have responsibilities"...really? She presided over a town of roughly 7000 people. Chicago, on the other hand, has a population of 2 million +. Perhaps Obama did have a little more on his hands than Palin, eh?
3) Sarah Palin claimed that she did not approve the Bridge to Nowhere, when in fact she did support it until she learned that the State of Alaska would have to pick up the bill. That is when she decided to oppose it in the name of the Alaskan people. So, unlike her rhetoric, she actually has had no problem accepting federal government money. There's plenty of examples of that, but I won't get into it. After all, this blog is supposed to be fun, and I am getting more and more angry as I write!
SO, I will end with a fun fact:
Sarah Palin's highschool nickname, which carried over into her political career, is "Sarah the Barracuda". After last night, I can see why.
And, a positive note:
Go OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you didn't appreciate Sarah. To me she was a shining light that will show us all the way to a better future. The Democrat party is to busy with their rock star to see her vision. Mitt's speech was also inspiring. Particularly when he said that we have to get the liberals out of Washington so we can get back to fiscal conservatism. There is a reason that they are called the party of tax and spend. I will say that all the candidates probably love this country but JOHN McCAIN is the only one that has served and suffer in the HANOI HILTON for this country. For this alone he should be made Commander in Chief. Sarah in 2012

Anonymous said...

Good Lord deliver us from blog crashers who can vote. Luy ya - Late night Mama

Anonymous said...

make that "Luv ya, Jen and M."