skip to main | skip to sidebar
fleischmannandme

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jen and Matt's Alaskan Vacation

Matt and I just got back from a week-long vacation in...of all places....Alaska! We decided to explore the world outside of the Kenai Peninsula. Luckily, we timed it right during the peak week of fall colors. I took a gazillion pictures, so let's just start with day one. These are photos taken from the Glenn Highway, north and east of Anchorage. 

Here is where we stayed the first night- Lake Louise Lodge, located right on, you guessed it, Lake Louise!
Here is the tiny cabin we stayed in at the lodge.
Sneak preview: here is a little lake we encountered on our drive to the next destination McCarthy...
Posted by fleischmannandme at 10:51 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

MOOSE WATCH! ...in India?

TOTAL MOOSE: 38
Well, I highly doubt we will be seeing any moose in India....so, stay tuned for some other kind of wildlife "watch". I will have to survey the scene there before deciding which animal to choose....so far I am thinking "Monkey Watch!". :)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2008 (67)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ▼  September (19)
      • Alaska State Fair
      • And now for a brief political interlude...
      • Back to the fair...
      • Visitors!
      • Visitors, Part 2
      • OK, now I am irritated...
      • More posts coming...as soon as I figure out why pu...
      • Alright, let's have some fun again! (and introduci...
      • I didn't count this moose....
      • The Fjords
      • Shasta's Corner: Session Six
      • Jen and Matt's Alaskan Vacation
      • The Road to McCarthy
      • Further down McCarthy Road...
      • Matt and Jen's Vacation, continued: McCarthy
      • Kennecott
      • Mt. Blackburn
      • Avocado on the Moon
      • Our Last Stop: Matanuska Glacier Cabin
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  December (5)
  • ►  2009 (43)
    • ►  January (13)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  May (6)

About Me

My photo
fleischmannandme
Matt and Jen moved to Soldotna, Alaska on July 15th, 2008. Now we are on to India...Here's the story...
View my complete profile